Saturday, March 17, 2012

Advice from the Ford Children



My little guys have been giving each other some seriously good advice lately. First, the eldest, apparently has become interested in politics.
I heard him saying,
"People used to think that Barack Obama was the best president in history becasue he was the first black president. Well, now they know that they were wrong. He just wanted to be president to glorify himself. Not help anyone. Do you know what I read on the internet? It said, "Barack Obama thinks that the American workers are political pawns." We are not political pawns. I really, really hope that Mitt Romeny wins."

Then soon after the boys and I were driving to the school Mother/Son night. Jake informed us that he had a girlfriend. Her name is Olivia. They don't really talk much but he is pretty sure that they like each other. Jake asked Will if he wanted some advice to how to get a girlfriend.
To my shock, Will responded in the positive.
"OK, Will, I will tell you what you have to do. Girls really, really, really like it when you are nice to people. They really, really like it when you help people. You just have to do those things and they will like you."

How the heck does he know this at age SIX? He is absolutley right. We DO love those things. Little stinker.
I guess adice from children should be taken seriously.
Mr. Obama, we are not political pawns.
Also, if you want a girlfriend, BE NICE.
Thank you Ford boys.

3 comments:

The WALL Street Times said...

Such good advice. We all want people to be nice. Thanks for the reminder Jake. I love you all.
Linds

Elise said...

Cute!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I love reading what your kids say. You crack me up. Thanks for sharing such great advice.