Friday, October 19, 2012

Daughter


My daughter is becoming more and more of a diva every day. She has more shoes than all of us combined. Every (and I mean EVERY) time we leave the house, her choice of shoe is extremely important. If anyone is wondering what to get Naomi for Christmas, think SHOES. Size 11.5 or 12. 
Preferably pink. sparkles. more sparkles. red. 
She walks around the house and talks in an accent.
"oh, darling, it's so beautiful."
"oh mother, you look so beautiful today."
My favorite of all time was when I was 7 months pregnant with Luke.
Naomi and I were in the dressing room at Ross Dress for Less.
I needed a swimsuit for the Summer.
We went swimming practically every day and Naomi begged me to swim with her each time.
Arggg.
I was trying on size 16 swim suits. 
I put on a black beauty with a skirt.
Did I mention it was a size 16.
It fit like a glove. And for $10, I'll take it.
I told Naomi that I didn't feel very pretty in it.
And do you know what she said?
She rubbed her hand on my tummy to feel the material and announced,
"oh, mother, you look sooo beautiful."
I love my daughter.
Love her.

1 comment:

lbb said...

okay i kinda hate that you wrote this ONE day after i found out i'm having another boy. j/k.
i'd write this too. love this girl. love her shoes. love the "mini me" and PINK! how fun to have such a DIFFERENT thing going on than legos and swords, ya know?
she's adorbs. maybe i'll adopt her. ;)