Thursday, January 22, 2009

Grandpa Came to Town

My dad was supossed to fly back with the kids and I from Utah to help me out. As a result of our flight cancellation, he didn't need to fly back with us...however, that doesn't mean we still didn't need him to come out. We always need a good visit from our Grandpa Geoff.


Since we missed Christmas at his house, he brought his Christmas to us. Our stocking and all. When he pulled it out of his suitcase, I couldn't help but laugh. Anybody that knows my dad, knows that he has seriously softened up. I could never have pictured him packing our family stcocking up in his bag and stuffing presents inside. The kids loved it. He had to pack an extra bag JUST for our presents. Thanks dad!


Grandpa bought the boys the cutest Family Home Evening snacks ever.

Grandpa soon found out that no cry of Scout's couldn't be cured with a snorting pig imitation.


This was an everyday. Constant. Never Ending. Wrestling? Who? Us?

Scout hasn't seen her Grandpa since she was two months old. She has grown so big.

What? Grandpa? Bucking Bronco? He never seemed to tire of the excitement.


Oh yeah. He wasn't all laughs. He found great excitement at making Scout cry while wearing a Shark mask and making scary noises. For some unkown reason, he enjoys causing fear.

Oh, yeah. Let's not forget the shaving cream and fake razors lovingly wrapped up in our stockings. Mommy Loves it. All over my bathroom. Every mothers dream.
And by the end of the day...we were all due for a nice little nap

9 comments:

Elise said...

Grandpa looks like SO much fun. What a great visit! I love this last picture. How priceless...Brady still isn't sure what he wants to do. Lots of things look good right now, but we'll see! How are you liking Pediatrics, James?

lynnette orme said...

I'm so jealous. I wish I were there. Where is a picture of William and PaPa? Little Scout is sooo big--I wouldn;t recognize her if I sawher in the mall--and she belongs to us. Glad you had such a good time--and the stocking is a nice touch. Geoff is great. Love his neutral wife. Nettie

Sarah C said...

Your dad looks like the greatest grandpa. You can tell the kids really love him. I am glad he came to visit and you all had a fun time.

Fancy Nancy said...

Fun J! Sir Boss is always great entertainment for the kids, they love him! Your kids look darling and Scout is looking so much like you! How fun!

Sarah Hastings said...

I am so glad your dad was able to come out, although I think this is the first time I have ever seen him with his shirt on! (lol). I always knew your dad was in town when I saw a shirtless man in front of the dumpster with some little Ford boy following behind. You look so much like your dad, same smile.

Jill T said...

Hey Jess, will you send me your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog?

Your kids have a fun Grandpa--where does he find the energy to play so much?

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

What a great time. I must say there are some pretty fun people in this family. You Ormes are a blast. Man, I wish we all lived close. And yes we are moving this summer, but we don't know where yet. Somewhere in the west. I love you.

Liz said...

Jess, Naomi is sooo Big! Love reading your blog. now if I could only keep up on mine!! Miss You, Omer

Christine Fotheringham said...

Do you think your Dad loves being a Grandpa? What lucky grandkids! So cute. I actually saw Geoff at Dan's a couple of days ago . . . he was still glowing from the trip. Hope you can make that trip out to SLC soon.
Love, Teeny