Thursday, August 25, 2011

Re-New

I am in the process of learning to Re-New. You know, turn run-down, worn-out, pieces of furniture and turn them into usable artifacts. These are special pieces of Re-New for me. My sister and I used to play with these two pieces of pine wood for hours on end.
In fact...


here's my name to prove it. (inside one of the drawers)


And now, after some serious sanding, paining, staining, more sanding, dipping the nobs into a bath of minwax walnut stain...this exact same kitchen set entertains my baby girl today.


They are sitting next to another Re-New project of mine. A $5 super-ugly wood thingy. A few dollars later and a lot of work...
behold...
the Ford Kids art and craft carry-all. We love it!


2 comments:

The WALL Street Times said...

The kitchen looks awesome. I am so glad you took it home. And better yet, I am glad that a girl appreciates it. My boys did not think it belonged in our house. Way to go Jess, you are one crafty chick!
Linds

Christine Fotheringham said...

Jessie, Your mini kitchen is so adorable. I'm jealous. It is super cute and so cool that it used to be yours.
Your boys are a crack up. Love that Will's sports are archery and bowling. That is awesome. Good to see Jake is keeping you in check on the scripture study! Wish you were here. See you in 6 months! Love, Teeny