Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pinky Promise







The boys are into this "pinky promise" thing. We wrap our little fingers around each others pinky and "swear". Naturally, my little pink princess also enjoys, and understands the intense pinky promise.
It started a few weeks ago. I lay in her bed to sing Jesus songs. I needed to leave to check on the boys. She was half asleep. She felt my body rolling itself from her warm covers. She rolled over and I promised her that I would return to check on her.
Her eyes were half open when she held out her little hand. She gave me her pointer finger.
"Pinky Promise?"
I wrapped my adult pinky around her gentle, soft pointer.
"Pinky Promise" I answered.
She closed her eyes and went to sleep.
10 minutes later I returned to follow up on my promise.
Her blonde hair and bare chested body lay all coiled up in her pink covers.
I smiled.
I gently bent over, kissed her on the face and whispered in that innocent little ear,
"pinky promise."

2 comments:

Elise said...

So sweet.

lynnette orme said...

You write wonderful blogs. I haven't heard pinky promise for 30 years. Wonderful. I love and miss you all. Mom

Can't wait to see you for your birthday. Pinky Promise.