Thursday, August 22, 2013

5th, 3rd and Kindergarten 2013

One good pair.
At the beginning of the school year, I let me kids buy ONE GOOD PAIR
of school shoes. The boys chose Nikes this year.
Naomi chose those ballerina shoes with a spinning wheel on the bottom so she can dance around the classroom. I have no doubt her teacher will love it. 
Luke also chose Nikes. 
They better last until next August. 
Here's to ONE GOOD PAIR!


5th Grade??? Seriously??? How old am I??? It's amazing everything that has happened in the last decade since this kid was born. Here's to the next decade, kiddo!! You're rockin it!


I called James and told him that we officially have Jake's first "Mugshot." It's like he's trying to look like he's being booked in to jail. He might as well be. This is how much this kid likes school. It's pretty much jail. I have been praying for his teacher for 4 months now. I met her the other day and we both started tearing up. She's seems great and felt my pain for his dislike of school. He's going to do great.
He always does!


Kindergarten. What the heck??? OK, just don't mention her hair.... I originally had it in pretty cute pigtails and then she pulled them out to look like this. By the time she actually got to school...no more pigtails. Just a bunch of thin, blonde hair in a big mop. All the other little girls had all sort of things going on with their hair. Pretty sure their mom's took all morning doing it.
I wouldn't take her any other way. Too much fun this way!!
She came out of the school with a smile on her face but when I asked her how her day was, she completely hammed it up for me.
"It was horrible...terrible. I didn't even get to do ONE thing that I wanted to do. I HAVE to do whatever the teacher makes me." Wow. I was cracking up. Welcome to the next 90 years of your life, girlfriend.

There they are. My babies. My loves. My life. My sister just texted me this morning and said,
"only 179 days of school left." Can't wait!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Your kids are growing up so much! I can't believe how big will is?! I love your blog, you crack me up! Hope you are all doing great!