Monday, February 9, 2009

Methuzaday February 2009











A couple months ago, the kids and I decided to create our own special Ford Family Holiday. We decided that it would be semi-annually. Its' name: Methuzaday. (I just made it up...pretty good, huh?"




Well, we are supposed to go to a swimming pool every Methuzaday. I was on the internet and phone all day last Friday trying to find a pool for us to go to. The only one available would have been $40. I was irate. This has been one bad thing about Akron. Our kids love swimming, and there is NOT ONE public swimming pool in the area. I am not joking. There are absolutely NO public swimming pools. I have never heard of such a thing. Every where you go, you have to be a member. And even then, the pools aren't that great. Anyway, we decided to spend this Methuzaday at the Cleveland Zoo. It was free. And fun. Maybe next Methuzaday in August we will be in Utah where people actually let you in theri pools. Suffice it to say, we had fun.




5 comments:

M & S Eagar said...

Hey Happy Methuzaday. Anyway, you need to call Copley High School. I know they have public swim times at their natatorium. Good Luck! In the summertime, Darbie has a pool at her apartment complex and let's just say I'm planning on taking advantage of their rent. Wanna join me?

lynnette orme said...

When did you get glasses? They are cute. I just want to say--there is snow outside--the boys have on coats--NaNa has on fleece? What is up with that. Doesn't she deserve to be warm also? Do you need money to buy her a warm coat? If she gets sick I will say, "I told you so." Love, Mom
Akron may not have a pool, but I'm sure they have child protective services.

anna said...

I was going to mention Copley High School too - I know they used to have open swim every Friday afternoon/evening so I think they still probably have something going on. I have an above ground pool you can use anytime! (in the summer anyway - its cold and gross right now)

Natalie said...

Fun, fun, fun. I love the idea!

The WALL Street Times said...

I love you all. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. I love you in your glasses. You look so sophisticated.
Linds