Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Daughter










Many years ago, long before I was married, I was in love with the idea of having ALL boys. Happily, I had my first son six years ago. Followed by a second two years later. I was in heaven. At least until I had to stop going to playgroup because my boys aggression would always have me on the defensive side of parenting. My self esttem shriveled as I felt as if I couldn't control my two crazy toddlers. By this time, I thought a baby girl sounded really good. I had her one year ago.
She is just as stubborn as her brothers. She eats dirt just like her brothers. She pulls my hair if I put her in her car seat just like her brothers. She steals toys from other toddlers just like her brothers.
Luckily, I get to dress her. And I am hoping, one day, she will change my diapers while I live in her spare bedroom and possibly don't even remember her name. These are the two main reasons I wanted a daughter. So...she isn't much different than her brothers. I am glad. She has spunk...and love. My two favorite characteristics I love in my children. My daughter didn't let me down!





4 comments:

James and Jessica Ford said...

She has spunk, love and one sweeeeeeeeet pair of "whereinthecruddidthosecomefrom" pants,

Your loving and supportive eternal companion.

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

Let me guess... are those pants from Nettie? These pictures are adorable! I hope we can connect in UT one of these days! Love you.

The Johnson Family said...

I laughed out loud when I read the part of "changing my diapers and living in the spare bedroom and not remembering her name..." hilarious. You should write for a newspaper or something--YOU are an amazing writer AND an amazing mother. Thanks for making me feel "normal." I miss you.

Em

P.S. When are you going to Utah. We will be there June 29-July 12th. Can you take some baptism pictures of Grace if you are there then? xoxoxo

The WALL Street Times said...

I love the outfit. She is such a beautiful little girl. I can't wait to see her. Maybe, I'll have to buy a few outfits to help dress her in since my boys won't wear bows. I love you all.
Linds