Sunday, June 7, 2009

Good Day/Bad Day

Since there is NO public swimming here in Akron, William's very, extremely nice kindergarten teacher called us up and told us that her swim and tennis club was having a free week-end where we could go and "check-out" the facilities. We tried it out on Saturday. It was a blast! We won't be buying a membership, but it was a great day.






It was a bad, very bad day at church. James was on-call. The boys out of control. James and I team teach the 14-15 year old Sunday School Class. They were terrible. William was brought to me in Relief Society becasue of his behavior. He kept slamming the door. Jake ran away twice. I found him outside. My baby was pretty good. Well, actually quite a distraction while I was trying to teach Sunday School. I hardly talked to anyone. I was exhausted. Embarrassed. I got home. Paged James and told him I felt like a failure. Can I do nothing right?
Oh yeah. To top it off. Two thirds of my children didn't wear shoes to Church today. Jake's were lost. We had nothing else for him to wear. Naomi has outgrown hers. She likes bare feet better anyway. I figure why should I spend money now on shoes when she hates them. I'll save up for when she's a teenager. She'll have credit.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey Jessie.

I always love reading your good day/bad day posts. You ALWAYS have this incredible knack for seeing some positive and humor in every situation. PLease don't ever say you feel like a failure. Those kids are lucky to have a mom that loves them so much and sacrifices all for them. You are a great example to me.

Tanner woke up early this morning in a pool of diarrhea and vomit. Is it bad that I was excited that I got to stay home with him from church today?? Some days are harder than others right! Hang in there.

Laura said...

Oh Jessie...I love you...I just wanted you to know that I love your blog...so real and so Jessie!! But as mothers we all have those moments we thought we would never have!! Call me if you come to utah this summer...Laura

Check out my blog!

The Aamodt Family said...

Jessie!! I mean it you are the best! I love the way you write and say what every mother thinks every minute of the day!! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us!

Jill T said...

Oh Jess. You are hilarious. I love your blog. I have to tell you that while Behrad was gone for 5 months, Sundays were the WORST days ever. Izabella ran circles around the pews one day yelling "Mommy, chase me!". Give yourself a little credit for the days that your husband isn't around to help. Your kids are so lucky to have you.

Orme Family said...

Always an adventure at the Fords! Are you sure you want two more crazy kids to add to the chaos? Well, it's too late to say no now. LOVE YA!

lbb said...

hi lover.
i'm so glad you got to swim. there's a public pool here, but lotsa money for each time.
too bad my kids are swim-a-holics!
i love your pics of naomi. those pants!
oh, and way to represent the utes at the pool bird. love it!
missing you. wish i were around in august to chill with ya. real life is calling, well, maybe the baby will be out by then.
xoxo. boyer

Sarah C said...

Cute swimming pictures. I am so sorry about your Sunday experience. That is sad. Hugs.