Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation





Each child recieved a special recognition. William recieved "Geography Expert."




What a great half hour. I sat in the second row with Jake, his friend Wyatt, who's brother is in William's class, and Naomi. I threatened Jake's life to be "reverent." It didn't work. Naomi neither. I tried to take pictures. Somewhat successful. Namoi squirmed and kicked on my lap and wanted to get down. Fine. She would probably be less disruptive on the ground. She made her way up to the graduates. Stole some diplomas sitting in a basket. Two parents turned to look at me. I shuffled through the row to grab her. I returned to my seat. Jake and Wyatt were wrestling. Naomi screamed to get down again. I let her down to break up the fight. Well, it wasn't a fight. It was "fun wrestling." I am actually looking frantically for a wrestling team for Jake. If he is going to wrestle so much, we figure he might as well learn how to do it right.
Naomi was back up in front. More diplomas in her hand. I got up and dragged us all out of the room. The boys found the fire extinguisher.
Maybe this wasn't such a great idea. I took them all back in the room to hear the final song. We made it...kindof. I made me way up the the podium to take Willliam's picture. He wasn't very
co-operative. He didn't want to get of of line. He was worried about getting into trouble. All the other kids were out of line hugging parents, taking pictures, etc... Not William. I managed to get a few smiles out of him. We walked back to class with him. Someone called out my name just in time. Jake was trying to pull on the fire alarm. I ran. Grabbed him. I dragged him by the arm into William's classroom trying to get some more pictures. William wouldn't let us in. He said that Jake was going to disrupt the class. He was probably right. I left.
One successful Kindergarten Graduation. So after all is said and done:
WE LOVE YOU WILLIAM! CONGRATULATIONS.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That is super tender! I know it was crazy wild with three young kids, but how sweet. I love that William didn't want to get out of line or disrupt anything. What a sweetheart. You are an awesome mom!!

The WALL Street Times said...

COGRATULATIONS MR. Geography Expert. We love you and are so proud that you finished Kindergarten. Not that we were concerned because you do know more places, state capitols and cities than your Aunt Lindsey and Uncle Chuck combined. WAY TO GO!!!!