Monday, August 24, 2009

Cookies, Brownies and Drink Sale






The boys are trying to raise money for "big boy" legos. (code=the small legos). Currently, the boys wake up in the morning and go straight to the computer to check out lego.com. They have to wait until Christmas to get some. They decided (well, William) decided to have a sale to raise money so he doesn't have to wait so long. Great idea.
Today was the day.

I spent the morning making chocolate chip cookies and brownies. We threw some of our Coke and Sprite in the cooler and headed to the front yard.
2 hours. Great neighbors. And some fun family bonding.
Our profit: $8
William was hoping for $99.99
That's how much most of the sets cost.
When asked if he wanted to earn $100, he responded:
"No, I just need $99.99. I don't need to make any more than that."
Quote of the Day:
We were setting up for the sale and William says,
"I wonder if the people driving down the street are going to stop. They might just think, I am not going to waste my time with those childish products and drive right past us."

Oh, yeah. And Jake thought that if he wore his Skelaton shirt more people might stop. It totally worked.

8 comments:

The Allred Family said...

My kids have been dying to do this. I am a bad mom. It's only been a year that they have been asking. You have inspired me!

Double A Family said...

Jessie! So cute. You are an awesome mom. Love your comments about your parents....not only were they your parents but they took in a few adopted cousins too!!

JoshandJen said...

Your boys crack me up, they come up with the funniest things to say! We all loved the yummy baked goods, Daniel was wanting to go back for more, especially the brownies!! We can always do another yard sale together :) lol..ok maybe not, you made more money with the baked goods then you, I and my sister made at the yard sale all together :)

Natalie said...

They look so tasty! I'm thinking I definitely need a Coke and brownie now.

Ash and Joe said...

cookies and brownies childish products? bah!

Sarah said...

Hey Jessie! I just found your blog off of Jenn's! what an awesome bake sale! we'll for sure have to come to your next one and help those boys reach their $99.99 goal!

lynnette orme said...

Oh I wish I were there to join in the fun. It reminded me that I need to stop each time I see kids selling something on the street. I can't wait until the boys earn 99.99 for some legos. Thanks for sharing them with us. Love, Mom

Lindsay Sprague said...

Jess, after reading your last couple entries, I have decided I really miss you!! What an amazing personality you have and now I know why I always felt so happy when with you!! thanks for helping me see things a little more clearly! let me know when you drive through, I would love to see you!