Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Farewell Grandpa Graham

An unplanned trip to Utah. A wonderful funeral. One that made me cry. A man I grew to love.
I will never forget the way my grandma first reacted when she saw her beloved husband laying in the coffin for the first time.
She cried. She put her aged arms lovingly around his neck and held him. I heard her whisper, "I love you Lloyd." I cried. So grateful I could witness their love one last time. The love that I will always and continue to try to emulate.
I drove to pick up my kids after the viewing, turning the radio trying to find sappy love songs at a time I was really missing my husband.
A feeling of disgust came over me. None of these people even knew what love was. How can I turn to this music to make me feel the way I felt at the funeral home just hours before.
I turned it off.
I wanted to remember the feeling of true love.
I wanted to be in the arms of my husband.
Thank you grandpa. Thank you for loving the way I wish to love.


choosing a flower to leave on the grave.


The Original 5. Lindsey, David, Sam, Jessica and Joseph
p.s. I am not pregnant. I just look it. My dad told me I could use a few sit-ups.
Maybe tomorrow.


...and then we all got married. Joey and I were the only one's spouse-less. So sad.


after the funeral...


William is loosening his tie...trying to talk adult with the bog boys.


my sister and I

Until we meet again...I love you, grandpa.

6 comments:

The WALL Street Times said...

I miss you already. I have to say. We look pretty hot for two old 30 year old sisters. I love you.
Linds

JoshandJen said...

You guys do look hot! Great pictures, I am sorry about your grandpa passing, you are right that is the kind of love we should all try to emulate...so sweet and eternal!

Natalie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It is always hard to lose our loved ones-- I'm so grateful for the gospel and the comfort that gives us. I'm thinking of you! You're kids look so grown up. William, he is a little man for sure.

Cook Family said...

What a nice last memory! I'm sorry for the loss of your Grandpa. It sure is comforting to have the knowledge of eternal families. What a great blessing it is to be a forever family.

Fancy Nancy said...

very sweet J... fun to be with you and celebrate GG.

Liz said...

Jess, what great pics of your fam. It was soo good to see you and visit. So wish you were closer. Love ya!
Omer