Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One of THOSE days




I love THOSE days. Not because I LOVE those days, but because I can look back and laugh my head off. It was one of THOSE days.
It started off with a breakdown.
We're on day 3 of Spring break.
Day 1: Pump it Up
Day 2: Cleveland Science Center
Day 3: was yet to be decided. I was too busy having a breakdown. My house was in complete disarray. The play room smelled like a mix between hard-boiled Easter eggs ground into the floor and pickles. Naomi has a tendency of getting them out of fridge and leaving them all over the house.
We HAD to clean the house. I even scrubbed the toilets. Amazing, I know. I don't know what got into me. Well, actually i do. It was the brown ring around the toilet seat that I couldn't stand looking at one more time. I realize now that my mom must have been pretty good scrubbing toilets when I was young because i never remember the brown rings inside the bowl. hmmm...
The doorbell rang. It was William's friend Ethan on his bike. I couldn't keep four kids inside all day on a rainy, wet day. We heading to the zoo.
One the way out of the zoo I made the boys sit (and I mean SIT) "right in that corner" because i had to run Nomi to the potty. I came out super fast and the boys were gone. Of course they were. Luckily I spotted them walking out of the gift sho. Jake was smiling from ear to ear. Apparently, he did some dirty work and fished out a quarter from the wishing stream outside the zoo gates. He decided to head on inside to buy something with his "lucky quarter" His brother and friend helped him find a lizard tattoo. The only $.25 thing in the store. I wonder what the sales lady was thinking when a six year old handed her a muddy quarter that he had just retrieved from the pond in front of her store.
They grow so fast. Already making purchases on their own. With their own money. That they steal from innocent zoo ponds.
When james walked in from work, I walked out. I headed to my favorite discount store. This doesn't even compare to T.J. Maxx. I mean, this is where all the stuff that doesn't sell at T.J Maxx or other discount stores goes. I love it. Well, suffice it to say, I don't always find myself being in the company that I would want my children to find themselves in. Tonight was awesome. I heard through the racks this lady yelling at her husband on the phone. "A PLANT holder. I want to buy a plant holder." "Oh, G** you can't even understand me. No, NOT a CRACK holder, a PLANT holder." "Listen to me. PLANT...PPPPP. As in, P for (I couldn't hear what she said), L as in LOOOOOSER, A as in A**, N as in NOT ,and T as in truck." Than she turns to her friend, "Oh, G** he still doesn't understand me. I can't believe this." "Here, she yells at her husband through he phone, talk to her." She shoved the cell phone to her friends ear. "She wants to buy a plant holder," she calmly told the husband. Apparently the husband understood and she handed the phone back to the yeller. "Gosh, I'm making him talk to you from now on. He can't even understand me."
I'm not sure if she bought the plant holder. But it sure made my night. What an awesome way, to end an awesome day.
Spring Break Day 4. Wait until tomorrow.

5 comments:

JoshandJen said...

LOL..I am rollin on the floor about the quarter out of the pond and the lady at the store on the phone to her hubby...So was that store Gabriel Brothers (my favorite store on the earth and the only one we basically shop at) did you find anything good? I am surprised you guys are on spring break this week, we had ours 2 weeks ago...I hope the rest of the break goes splendid and you all have a wonderful Easter. Love ya!

C said...

what is this store you speak of?! You have to feel me in all of the places to shop etc before you move on and forget!

Cassie said...

sorry that last comment was from me, I was signed in on my other account. Just so you don't think there is some stalker chick on your blog ;)

The WALL Street Times said...

Hilarious!!!

Becky said...

Hilarious! Your whole post had me laughing! The plant holder lady was over the top... my cheeks hurt!