Monday, April 4, 2011

Change

The BEST part about being the yearbook person at your kid's school is being able to go in their classroom whenever you want and take pictures...even if you don't really need them. I just get to go in and pretend to take pictures while exchanging silent glances of love at my children. I love it.



The other night I lay in bed with my little Mooch. And then on to my Bug. Jake wasn't sure what he wanted to talk about. So I had to guess. We finally settled on my question, "what do you worry about most?" He started crying.
"I don't know if I can make any friends in Denver." A-ha. I had broken him. He didn't want to talk about it. But now he had too. I held him close. We talked for a long time. I told him that we could call our friends or maybe even come visit. Than he started crying even more. "No," he said, "if I visit them than I will be even more sad because I know that I have to go back to Denver." I continued to hold him. My Mooch. So scared. So little.
William has the same concerns. Last night at family prayer, he prayed, "please help us to sell our house and that each of us can move by people our own ages and that they can like us so that we can have friends in Denver."

2 comments:

lbb said...

oh sweetie! so fun to check in. real-world stuff for our little ones...i hate it.
and i hate that i can't say it will ever get easier for them.
or that i can always make it better. cuz' i can't.
with a mom like jess, tho, they'll have friends in no time.
so hard these changes!!!
is it crazy? are you selling your home? any takers?
eek. all those big-girl things to deal with.
love you. miss you.
i'll be in UT in july...please say you will be, too!
xo

Natalie said...

Tell them both I PROMISE they will have friends in Denver. It is honestly one of the most friendly places we have lived-- and all the little kids I know here are super nice!