Sunday, May 22, 2011

Let us not forget...

Naomi. She turned 3. Three. III.
Ne Ne. (pronounced neigh, neigh...like the horse) I am actually pretty ticked about her new name. Just recently she has started telling me, "My name is Ne Ne." O.K. So remember how I called her Scout? Well, that was my nickname for her. It never stuck. She didn't like it. James' choice was Ne Ne. I thought it was hideous. Well, of course, like everything she wears, she has also chosen her own nickname. Her dad's choice. James is now 3 for 3. He has chosen every single child's nickname. Bug, Mooch and now Ne Ne. James =3, Jessie = 0. Whatever!
We celebrated Ne Ne's birthday a week early. While family was still in town for William's baptism. She was lucky evough to have two other girl cousins with birthdays within a month. We got them all. Naomi, Eliza and Maddie.
It was princess...of course.
A week later James and I sat in bed wondering if we should tell her that her "real" birthday was the next day. We cut our losses. She would never know. The "real" day came and went. But her birthday was not forgotten. We love her just the same. Possibly a little too much. She makes us laugh. She drives me crazy. She walked into church today and did this really loud deep breath and sighed, "I hate this place."
She takes after her mom. She just says it like she feels. Oh, great. I can't wait for the future.
We love you Ne Ne.















2 comments:

The WALL Street Times said...

I LOVE MY NAOMI!!! Happy 3 years. Here's to many more to come and many princess birthdays. I loved that when I called to ask Naomi if she wanted a dress for her birthday, all I heard was a happy scream. You know it is all about the outfit and the accessories. A girl after my own heart.
Love,
Aunt Linds

Sarah said...

"I hate this place" that is so hilarious!!! I love it when kids tell it like it is :) Happy birthday to Naomi, or should I say Ne Ne :)