Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bad News...and Good News


First, the bad news. I confessed it to James the other day.
I am only 24 weeks pregnant and my thighs are already colliding with each other when I walk. Bad, Bad sign. 16 weeks to go. Plus, usually the greatest weight gain. As a result, you will probably not see too many pictures of me on the blog for about, ummm, another year. I am sure you're heartbroken.

But, there is ALWAYS good news at the Ford house to help us remember the truly important things in life. You will never guess what happened last night at bedtime.
Jake asked to BLOW HIS NOSE!
He is SEVEN! 7, people. THis kid has been congested since the day he was born. Sometimes he is so congested he can't talk right and he wheezes just to breathe. But heaven forbid should he blow his nose.
"I hate how it feels. It hurts to blow. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it."
Many times James and I have strapped him down, threatened his life, dodged his swings, just to get to the boogers on the EDGE of his nose.
But we may be at a crossroads people. Of course, being his parents, knowing his temperament, we didn't even act like it was a big deal. He can't know we are proud of him. It might ruin his desire to do so.
So, please, next time he blows his nose without being threatened, don't applaud him. Let him go in peace. With his own sense of satisfaction.
But, it doesn't mean that I didn't have a huge grin on my face as I fell asleep last night.
The simple things.
I love the simple things.

1 comment:

Elise said...

The simple things are the best things.