Friday, April 13, 2012

I love ....game



So I was just laying in bed with Naomi too tired to start our nightly singing routine and it dawned on me. I had never played the I love...game with her.
When the boys were little and I would sing them to sleep, every once in a while I would tell them that I am the only one allowed to talk and I was going to snuggle them while telling them all the things I love about them.
So tonight I explained to Naomi the rules.
She seemed excited.
She lay snuggly in my chest as I began.
I love Naomi because....
I went on for about 15 things.
The boys just used to lay still and smile when they heard all the great things about them.
Naomi was quite the opposite.
Every time I said something it was as if I had given her the greatest compliment in the world.
She couldn't stop kissing me and saying, "oh I love you too, mommy."
Lastly I said,
"and I love Naomi because She is my daughter."
Naomi gave me a huge kiss on my cheek, snuggled as close as she could get to me and replied,
"and I love my mommy because she makes me laugh."
Naomi could very well be my one and only daughter.
So I guess the Lord saw fit to give me the best.
I love you, Ne Ne.

2 comments:

Elise said...

What a sweetheart. Girls can be so lovely to their mothers at times. I love when Mylee is affectionate with me. I think we will be playing the I love you game tomorrow!

Marsh Mayhem said...

Jess, I read this and looked for the opportunity to play this game with my one and only daughter tonight. Thank you for the post! I'll be playing it with my boys ... if they ever let me tuck them in!