Thursday, May 16, 2013

My Five (5) year old daughter

My good friend who is from Honduras showed up at Naomi's birthday party with this amazing pinata! She told me, "In my country, you DO NOT have birthday parties without pinatas!"
It was the biggest hit of the party. The girls were in complete heaven. She even made us do it the right way and adjust it up and down on the tree to make the kids work for that candy!


A couple of the mom's hung out and helped me paint the girls nails. How in the world do you have a five year old birthday party without nail polish?


Don't ask. It's a pink Phone birthday cake. It is amazing, I know.


 Last night before James whisked her off to bed, I knelt on my knees and wrapped my arms around that big 5 year old. I squeezed her as tight as I could. I looked in her eyes and said, "thank you for letting me be your mom for the last five years."
She squeezed me back as tight as she could. She responded, "thanks for being the best mom in the whole world for the last 5 years." We held each other tight. My baby girl and me. I love her. I love her. I love her. I teared up as she walked to her room with her dad. That's my baby girl. Going to bed. I never knew how amazing life could possibly be. Now I know. These four show me every day.

No comments: