Saturday, March 29, 2014

$54 Field Trip

 A month ago, I received an email from Will's teacher. They would be re-enacting the Civil War! She expected full participation. And the best part about it was that this amazing experience would only cost $54. Seriously?? James and I about died!
 And we had to make cornstarch bullets to shoot out of his authentic rifle. I had corn starch all over my kitchen floor. Not to mention a 9:00 PM run to Safeway to buy cornstarch the night before they were due...
 They were acting out the Battle of the 2nd Bull Run...
I threw Jake, Naomi and Luke in the car to watch the re-enactment. It didn't help that it cost me another $8 to enter the park where the blessed event was taking place!
 Here goes Will in the Union Army to attack the Confederates...
 If you look closely, you can see the fallen soldiers...according to their birthdays, they had to "die" during different battle scenes. It took all day. I could have bought the professional video of the battle for another $35. I declined.
I picked Will up from school that day and he informed me of his opinion of the field trip. "I'm reallllly glad we actually re-enacted history instead of just watch some stupid, boring video about it. It was sooo cool." Alright. Fine. After all is said and done...a cool experience. Glad he got to do it.

No comments: