Saturday, March 29, 2014

Happy #9, Nine, IX

 My Mooch is 9!!
A small miracle. He's decided that he wants to try out Snowboarding! I'd been looking on craigslist forever. I couldn't find anything in his size. I finally callesd a Sports Authority miles away that had an old model board and boots that they were selling at the end of season closeout. I had 12 minutes to get there before closing. I jumped in the car. I pulled up 2 minutes before closing. I ran back to the tech shop. The tech was working on getting the bindings on for me. He looked at me and said, "you're getting a great deal. I don't think this board has ever seen the snow! I just found it in the back." I said a silent prayer of thanks as I payed $69 for a new board and boots...the perfect size for my little buddy!



James took him up boarding yesterday and he did Awesome! Much better than the day before when I took the kids up skiing. I sent the two boys up the mountain together while I stuck with Naomi. I noticed I hadn't seen them in a while! 40 minutes later my heart started racing. Finally I see Will coming down the hill. He skied over to us to tell us that Jake was on his way down. He had lost his skis at the top of the hill and couldn't put them back on. In classic Jake style, he ditched the skis and poles and started hiking down the mountain. 2 miles down. He hiked in his ski boots. A couple people asked him if he needed help and of course he turned down the offer. When he finally got to me, he stated, "well, at least I got lots of exercise today." His awesome older brother stayed by his side. Skiing slowly by his hiking little bro. Way to go, boys! I was so proud of Will for sticking by his bro, and I was so proud of Jake for getting up and moving forward. He could have just sat there and cried. But he got up and did the only thing he could think of. Move!
 Jake's other birthday present...a date with mom to his favorite restaurant...the Melting Pot. I honestly don't know how he heard about this place. James and I had never been. But he got the idea in his head that it was amazing!! So...off we went. My Mocch and Me. From cheese, to meat to chocolate. We did it all. A date with my son. He even held my hand walking up the stairs to the front door. I was in Heaven. My date couldn't have been any cuter. And funny. He kept me laughing all the way through lunch. A perfect date with a perfect buddy.

No comments: