Friday, May 22, 2009

Crazy Day...Perfect Night


Summer...well, Spring nights. Babies in swings. Innocent and perfect.



And brothers in a hammock. Best moments in life are the little ones.




Today was Jake's last day of preschool. Like all other good moms, I was "suppossed" to pick him up early, cry, carry on about how much we are going to miss everyone, etc, etc, etc... To sum it up, Naomi and I missed our freeway exit, shocking, considering Ohio has the poorest marked freeways in the history of America. I arrived to pick up Jake 20 minutes late, all children gone, and two teachers waiting for me on the playground. Strike ONE.

I went to pick up William from school a few hours later. En route to his school, I realized that I had forgotten his snack day...today. Five hours ago. O.K. I forgot snack, big deal. Well, this is the FOURTH time this year that I have forgotten snack. I was so worried I was going to forget snack this week, I put it out on the counter on MONDAY. Today was Friday, snack day. Every day I have reminded myself.
There I was. Standing outside the doors of the school, holding two boxes of individually wrapped cheez-its. Five hours too late. Strike TWO.
We got in the car. I asked William if he was mad that I forgot snack...again. His response:
"I am really mad mom. I don't know if I can forgive you."
Strike THREE.

1 comment:

Ash and Joe said...

ouch! my heart hurts for you. hopefully it's all forgotten by now.