Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I am lucky enoughy to have my mother-in-law here with me. What a great Mother's Day. Not only did I, but all of us got presents. That's what grandmas are for.
Cheryl was nice enough to help me haul the kids away yesterday to take these pictures. We drove for an hour looking for this perfect spot. I got lost. Every time Cheryl visits, I get lost. I am sure that every time she gets in the car with me she just prays that we get back home. She's the best mother-in-law ever. SHe just goes along for the ride and never complains.

I miss my mom. So I am posting our latest pictures for her to remember us. Some days I just wish I could sit on top of the counter in her kitchen and laugh our heads off. Some moms don't let their kids sit on the counter. Morons. Some of the best memories I have ever made are with my mom in the kitchen...sitting on the counter...at midnight. She may not have nice countertops anymore. They probably need to be replaced. But the memories we made talking on the countertops until the darkest hours of the night are worth more than nice things. I hope my countertops are worn out some day. And the memories are the only thing that's left.









10 comments:

Orme Family said...

Jess, Your kids are SO BEAUTIFUL! You and James really know how to work that magic! Maddie talks about Jake every other day.

Double A Family said...

Jessie,
So Cute...happy birthday to William and happy mother's day to you. I think we have all sat on your mother's countertops and laughed and maybe a few tears too....but only to end in laughing! Love you and your family!

lbb said...

Oh these are such great pics, Jess! Your kids are dar. I especially LOVE naomi's dress! I miss your mom too, and the talks on those countertops! YOu both are such examples to me.
There's a slim chance I'll be in SLC in Aug, if I have the babe here. So, we'll live it up then, k?
love you.
boyer

Natalie said...

Williams is getting so big! He's such a little man. Thanks for sharing your great pictures. You have a great eye for detail.

Cook Family said...

Hey Jess your pictures are beautiful I am loving Naomi's pictures especially the first one. Too Cute! They are growing up way too fast. I hope you guys are doing well.
Corine

allison said...

Your kids are getting so grown up. I hope you had a great mothers day. Love the pictures.

The WALL Street Times said...

J-
I love the second picture of Will. The one where Jake is hanging by a thread- that is his life- hanging on somewhere always the daredevil. Naomi crouched down waiting for something geat to happen is awesome. I love the backdrops. I need you to take my boys pictures this summer. I love you.
Lindsey

Sarah said...

I also love the memories of sitting on the counter talking to mom, one time when I was a teenager I went to my friends house and sat on her counter and was chastised by her mother. That was the first time I realized that not everyone sat on the counter to talk to there mother, so sad. Love the pictures, super cute!

lynnette orme said...

Thank you. I love you and I love the pictures. Oh--how I wish I were Cheryl and were there with you also. The children are beautiful--can't wait to see them--and NaNa's dress is fabulous. Thanks for being such a great daughter--sitting on the counter with me--and for being a wonderful wife and mother. Love, Your Mom

Christine Fotheringham said...

Hey Bird . . . I bet you were crying when you wrote that about your mom, because I am . . . geez, you'd think I was pregnant. Love that little blue-eyed girl! Cute pics.