Thursday, May 14, 2009

We Have a Six Year Old!

On May 7, 2009 William James Ford turned 6. In leau of a birthday cake, William requested Ice Cream only. Scary. He is too much like me. I have never had a birthday cake in my life. I hate cake. Apparently my 6 year old does too. I had to have something to put the candles in, so I made an "ice cream...um..I'm not allowed to use the word cake, so it is called an ummm, ummm an "ice cream surprise."
In the shape of a rocket. I was actually pretty proud of myself. I came up with it all on my own. Chocalate, vanilla and orange sherbet for the fire. It was awesome.

Yeah for good friends to share his birthday with. I am so grateful that we have made such great friends here in Ohio.



Here is William opening up a present. LAMINATED Maps. He already has the cheap paper wall maps, (one of the U.S. and one of the World) but they were in pretty pathetic condition. For turning 6, he was instantly upgraded to the Laminated ones. Yeah for being 6!

Side Note: William Loves Geography. In fact, when I went to pick William up early from school one day, all the kids said, "Bye Map King. Good Bye King of Maps." It was hilarious.



Grandma Cheryl couldn't let William open up all of the presents, so she had to have one for Jake. They each got a new video game for their Leapster/Didj. Can you see the excitement? They were very happy and would have been fine with nothing else the rest of the day.


Yeah for Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Clyde for being here. It was the Best. We love you.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That cake ROCKS! Very clever Jessie. Not surprising though coming from you. It sounds like he had a great birthday. HOw is it that you have a 6 yr old????

Fancy Nancy said...

And Happy Birthday to Will! Again, I am the worst Aunt!