Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A No Good Very Bad Doctor Visit



It was not a very successful doctor visit today.
I was concerned about a recurrent lump on my back.
I left the boys with my friend.
My baby came with me.
Upon seeing the doctor...my baby started screaming...and never stopped.
The doctor and I had to talk very loudly to hear each other.
Then my cell phone rang amidst the already awkward situation.
I fumbled through my purse trying to turn it off with a screaming baby in my other arm.
I was then told to set my screaming baby down and take off my shirt.
I was uptight.
I needed a Coke.
The doctor did too...I could tell.
I set my 18 month old SCREAMER down and she started screaming louder.
It was barely tolerable. Nobody was even TOUCHING her. LOOKING at her. NOTHING.
I began to lift my arms up over my head to take off my shirt.
Apparently the doctor was right behind me.
My elbow caught her lip.
I turned around stunned.
She had her head down in pain.
It was bleeding.
"I need to excuse myself," she politely stated.
I kept apologizing.
My baby still screaming.
I don't know if it was the SCREAMING baby, the split lip, or the very rude cell phone ringing.
But she was done.
So was I.
Thank you to doctors for dealing with patients like me.
I am so, so, so SORRY.

4 comments:

Orme Family said...

I really do not know whether to laugh or cry! I can't wait for Naomi to grow out of her screaming stage! (For your sake!!!)

JoshandJen said...

Holy cow, I was dying laughing, but at the same time crying for you too! I know how that goes, I have had dr's visits that ended up like that but I had all 4 of my kids with me, it was a nightmare and embarrassing, although you have one up on me with the giving the dr the bloody lip part, I have not done that....yet....:) your awesome jessie!

Sarah Hastings said...

Oh man, that is bad. I am glad you got through it as gracefully as you did, I probably would have added to the mess by breaking down crying myself, I am such a baby.

Double A Family said...

Jessie...I am so sad I did not get to see you....what is up with that!?!?!? -Hope were not on the naughty list?!?!?!
Grandma said your family is so cute and how much Naomi loves you. Hope you guys are doing well.