Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ford Awards






Announcing our First ever...Ford Awards.
Today at William's awards day, students with perfect attendance received trophies. William was not a recipient. He cried. He kept telling me through his tears that, "he really, really, really tried his best." Oh, and he also told me that he hates school.
I spent the next two hours hunting down trophies for Ford Awards. I was nervous to tell James because I know that not every kid should always get a trophy. I get it. But for some reason, I wanted to do it anyway. He's a child.
I told James and asked him if he thought I wasn't letting him learn the tough lessons of life. I loved his response:
"I am sure our children will have ample opportunities to not receive trophies. I'm glad you did."
So...introducing Jake's trophy for "Academic Excellence."
Jake learned and grew so much this year. He really has learned incredible amounts and has turned in to quite the little learner. He also is an excellent artist. Way to Go Jake.
William received the "Big Dreams" Award. Nothing is going to stop this kid. Each day he comes home with a new idea, a new invention, a new way of making life better for everyone. We encouraged him to never give up on his dreams.
Oh, and Naomi was asleep. But she rightfully earned
"The Potty Award."
Way to go Team Ford!

9 comments:

Fancy Nancy said...

That is such a cute idea! Good for you... who doesn't love a trophy?!!! I don't know about awarding perfect attendance... what kid doesn't get sick in the swine flu year? We will never get that award! I pulled Sammy out of Kindergarten for a MONTH to go to the Mountain West Conference and March Madness... "they" said he would not pass, but I reminded them it's Kindergarten and life experiences... way more important!

Fancy Nancy said...

P.S. Those are some HOT trophies!!! Love the jeanie bottle!

Sarah said...

i love it! little kids should get awards all the time. there will be plenty of time to deal with reality later in life!

JoshandJen said...

Way to go Ford boys!! That is awesome, I am so proud of them :)

Unknown said...

love it! such a good mom you are!!
-joanna

Travis said...

The Ford Awards are a great idea and I agree with James there will be many opportunities to have disappointment

Orme Family said...

Love the trophies. Jessie, you are better than me. I think I have been to Costco, umm, never, with all three kids. Why would I put myself through that. We did the pee streak at Walmart though last year. I think the reason you are potty training Naomi right now is because you are getting ready for Ford Four! Good luck!

The WALL Street Times said...

You are the best mom. Who would think to go buy their kids trophies. Only You. I love Naomi's potty story. Classic. Almost as good as when you would take your clothes off and pee in front of Grandma's house when we lived there. Aren't you glad I am the oldest and can humilate you? I love you.
Linds

The WALL Street Times said...

You are the best mom. Who would think to go buy their kids trophies. Only You. I love Naomi's potty story. Classic. Almost as good as when you would take your clothes off and pee in front of Grandma's house when we lived there. Aren't you glad I am the oldest and can humilate you? I love you.
Linds