Monday, November 8, 2010

Already Missing...







An Ah-Ha moment. It was dark...not late, just dark. I was in the minivan by myself. Driving past Croghan Park. On Sand Run Parkway. In akron, OH. I had that feeling. "I was home." How interesting it is, that I have had those "Ah-Ha" moments in each of the places that I have lived. In Salt lake, it was 13th South, than onto Des Moines on Jordan Creek parkway, and now in Akron on Sand Run. I immediately thought about what the street name would be when I have my "ah-ha" moment in Denver, CO. Our next stop. Our next phase. Somewhere, out there, in Denver, there is a whole new world waiting for me. New friends, new neighbors. New parents to meet on the PTA and new teachers for my kids in primary. With this excitement ahead of me, I am already starting to miss this place that we have made our home.
I am already missing the cashier lady at Circle K with the dyed black hair. When she sees me come in, she holds out her hand for my $.63 cents. That's how much my Coke is. No more. No less. I always have the exact change and she knows it.
I am missing the gangster cashier at Walgreens who knows that when I walk in, he will be doing multiple transactions with coupons. He just smiles at me. As we talk about how much money I am going to save.
I am missing going into Target and running into someone I know. For this, to me, is a sign that I am officially a part of a place. It always has been. If I can go in a store and see someone I know, I have made it.
I am already missing walking up to the playground at the boys school and seeing my friends pushing their little ones on the swings and talking about how frustrated we are with whatever we are frustrated with.
Somewhere, out there, in Denver, CO is a whole new place to make home. Somewhere, our neighbors are waiting for us. Somewehre, there is a street that I will one day say, "Ah-Ha."

4 comments:

JoshandJen said...

AAAwwwee....good times in those pictures, you have no idea how much I am going to miss you lady!!! sniff sniff...:(

The Cooks said...

Hey, Matt and I were just in that area for a residency interview. Denver is a good place!

lbb said...

Oh look at you and your fun friends! Jeal!
I totally relate to this post. Already, when we drive down our street, I'm at home.
The man at the quicki mart laughs at me. I'm the Mormon mom who loves caffeine.
I finally know a few peeps at the grocery store.
Crazy huh?
Denver will rock> I really have a good feeling about it. Maybe we'll join ya? Lots of ski injuries there!
In my dreams!

Natalie said...

Sad, sad, sad