Tuesday, January 4, 2011

SAD


O.K. So I know there are many types of SAD. Predominantly out here, in Akron, OH, SAD is Seasonal Affective Disorder. It's pretty hard NOT to catch it out here. But this isn't the SAD that I have. Well, actually, I am kindof a hypochondriac, so I probably do have SAD now that I think about it. But whatever. To be honest, I have been SAD all week. Why?
My babies went BACK to school.
We had the BEST, most relaxing last week of vacation ever. Wanna know why?
The kids were all just a TAD sick. Now, being Ford's, being just a tad sick is a great thing. It just took the EDGE off of their super, energetic and exciting little personalities. But they never got "doctor sick", you know what I mean. Just the good, kindof cruddy sick.
The kids LITERALLY (the kids ALWAYS use the word LITERALLY) actually got "dressed" twice all week. It was amazing! They stayed in their jammies, watched movies, played with their new toys lovingly together, (remember, they had the "crud drug") to just take that edge off, and we lived happily ever after...all week. We were so so so sad on Sunday night.
In fact, I missed the boys so much that Naomi and I went over to their school during lunch just to say hi to them in the lunch line. We exchanged kisses and how much we missed each other and then we left.
However, during our "sick week" we did happen to get dressed twice.
Both times WELL worth it.
Sledding once.
Ice Skating next.
Good-bye Christmas Vacation 2010.
We're alreaddy counting down for next year.
























2 comments:

Marianne said...

Jess! I am so happy to have stumbled across your blog! Your family is adorable-looks like you've got a run for your money...

JoshandJen said...

I am glad you had a relaxing christmas break (even with kind of sick little kiddo's) but at least they got to do 2 fun things, I have never noticed James wearing glasses are those new or am I just dumb???