Saturday, September 8, 2012

4, 2, and Pre-K Firsts...


Naomi's Very first day of school...ever. If any of you know Naomi, you know her WILL.
 As in...strong will.
The first day, was, uh, O.K. The second day she refused to go. I drug her to the car in her mis-matched pajamas. She was screaming. So was Luke.
I wasn't going to let her get away.
She threatened to go to school in her pajamas if I made her go.
I told her that was fine. 
She caved by the time we got to the preschool parking lot. 
She got dressed by the side of the car.
We went in.
We were a half hour late.
I told her teacher I was sorry and that I was going to kill her.
Her teacher, in her sweetest, kindest voice, replied,
"Oh, let's not do that."
I laughed.
I hope she doesn't report me to DCFS.
I went to pick her up later.
Her teacher told me several times how pleasant and wonderful my daughter is.
Go figure.
My kids are always pleasant at school.
I'll take it.
Way to go, Ne Ne.
(oh, and the night before school started, I realized that I didn't take her to buy a back to school outfit. Luckily Aunt Stacy was here and headed to Target. Naomi's loved it! Thanks, Aunt Stacy.)



I figure you might as well not spend money on a backpack if it's not as big as you. Wait until we load those things up with books.


The boys seem to be doing great. Their teachers both seem super. I am so thankful. Jake just talked to his grandma on the phone. She asked if he liked his teacher. He told grandma that he is going to give it a little more time before he decides. She asked him if there were any friends in his class. He responded no, there aren't, but I am working on it. Way to go, Mooch! He is working really hard at making friends and liking school. 
I asked Will about his teacher. He said she's a 10. Just like last year. I love that positive kid. He love's school except for math. He hates math. Did you get that? If you didn't, he'll let you know. 
Good Luck my babies...
I will still say that 3:30 is my favorite time of day.
My kids jump in my car.
I smile at them.
They smile back.
And we drive home just to be together.

1 comment:

{Erica} said...

This post made me smile!

Your kids are getting so big. Here's to another school year.

p.s. and a belated congrats for your new little one!