Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mooch is 8...Mooch is Great!

 March 18, 2013. My Jakers turned eight. 8.
 On Frdiay we had a birthday party. Homemade pool noodle/pvc pipe swords.
"These are AWEEEESOME" Jake beamed when he saw the finished product


 It's the "Creeper." A character in his favorite Computer game, Minecreaft




 opening presents from his friends. He got two nerf guns among other items. Later that night he confided in me, "wow...turning 8 is amazing! You get waaaay better presents than you do when you turn 5 or 6." True, it is.
It just goes downhill from here, kid.

 Soooo. opening the one and only present from mom and dad on his actually birthday...before school. He couldn't wait. Luckily James was still home. So, here's the story. Jake never askes for anything. Easiest and hardest kid in the world to buy presents for. Easy, because he doesn't really care what he gets. Hard, because he never asks for anything specific.
This year he asked for an ipod touch. Everyone in his class has one. I shot that idea down a long time ago. "Sorry buddy. It is waaay too expensive. We don't get stuff like that for our birthdays."
Good Kid. He totally dropped it. It was off limits. Didn't even complain.
One day I was driving and I called James. I found a used ipod on craigslist. I asked if we could get it for him. I thought he would totally disagree. He didn't.
In fact, he completely surprised me.
"If we are going to give him one, can we at least give him one with a box. The poor kid always gets everything used. (even Christmas presents at times)."
So Jake, thanks to your dad, Happy Birthday, Buddy!


Jake's response..."I can't believe this. I actually can not believe this!" I thought I would NEVER, EVER get an ipod...Never!" "Oh my gosh...thank you SOOO much mom and dad."
We love you, Mooch.
He is getting baptized next week in Utah with all of his cousins. We can't wait.
Happy Birthday, Jakers

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I love keeping in touch with your beautiful family!! Your kids are growing up fast! And Luke is soo cute! I have a new blog-
bjmiller77@blogspot.com

Miss you guys!!!

Darlene M. said...

Awww!! Happy birthday, Jake! It's hard to believe it has already been two years since you moved...Jake and Xander still totally love the same things. We were just talking about you guys this week and miss you all so much! Maybe the boys can talk on Facetime? Xander would love that so much!