Thursday, March 21, 2013

Our Mansion...

I love her.
You know those days...when you keep telling your kids...
"hold on, in just a minute, hold on, just a minute, let me just do this first..."
Naomi luckily doesn't give up on me very easily.
Lucky for both of us.
I finally gave her "five minutes" today.
It turned into thirty.
She made me sit on a dirty purple dish towel.
She explained to me as she was combing through my hair that she was giving me a massage.
And then she proceeded to "cut" and style. I looked amazing.
She told me that she was giving me a "massage and a make-over."
How does she even know what those things are.
As she was giving me these expensive treatments, she, of course, was imagining.
My absolute favorite thing about her.
"Alright mom, pretend we are living in a mansion. We are really rich. We can buy anything we want."
"Oh," I resonded, "I am just in love with our mansion. It is simply gorgeous."
"I know, I know," she replies. Than follows, "It is just the best to buy anything I want."
"I know," I respond, "our life is simply amazing."
We are both talking in accents.
We continue on forever.
It really is a different life living in a mansion. We even had someone cleaning the house while we were getting massages.
When it was Naomi's turn I did her nails. Two coats of paint. Different colors. That's what you do when you're rich and live in a mansion.
Here is to my daughter's imagination. An imagination that I pray will never leave her lonely.
Because she never leaves me lonely.

1 comment:

Christine Fotheringham said...

So funny! Naomi is a hoot. She has such an awesome mom. :) See you Monday?!