Sunday, February 28, 2010

Two Moments of my Life


Today I was in charge of Sharing Time.
I teach William's class.
Each of the 7 kids in my class has a family member also in Primary.
I called each of the siblings up to stand by their brother/sister in my class to talk about how lucky we are that families are forever.
As I am bearing my testimony/teaching the lesson, Jake and William start beating each other up in front of the whole Primary.
Three teachers had to step in to pull them apart.
Families ARE forever.

Now to the picture above.
I stepped on the scale this week and realized that this long winter has gotten to my hips.
My weight was up.
My spirits down.
What is a girl to do?
I went to the store and bought three different flavors of ice cream.
We had a family Ice Cream party.
What else do you do? Cry?
Except, I only got one scoop.
The kids got three. Or four.
The scoops were in a pattern of flavors.
Of course.

8 comments:

JoshandJen said...

Oh my goodness Jessie, you are as skinny as it gets, I was wondering if you even eat at all :) I wish I had your metabolism...you look great

The Cooks said...

Oh man, don't even get me started on weight. I found out how depressing it is to have a baby in the fall, be stuck inside all winter with all the yummy food that it brings. I mean, you know you are in bad shape when your husband buys you shoes to work out in for your anniversary.... seriously. I am sure you look good though, I can't imagine differently.

David and Rachel said...

Ah Jessie. If I am having a bad day and I just need a laugh, all I seriously need to do is read your blog. I love it. You are just too funny and I just love those kids of yours. Oh and I am feelin' ya about the whold gaining weight thing. I am so done with winter and i just want to get outside and get back to being more active. Anyways, thanks for making me laugh!

lbb said...

oh jess you're killing me! i love your posts. true...we never get evaluations, but that always let's us never get "Bad" evals!
we pretty much have ice cream every night these days. the boys are obsessed and i think i'm the driving force! hey, we all need an extra 10 lb to get us thru the rest of winter, eh?
love you. you're hilar.
btw...what's the latest on fellowships? do tell...

Sarah said...

amen to rachel, you make me laugh! if it makes you feel any better, my weight seems to keep going up, too!

Sarah C said...

I love you Jessie. You are so awesome. Seriously, you are an amazing person. Your sharing time story is so classic. As far as the weight gain, I am sure you still look GREAT! Good for you doing something to make yourself happy and not letting it get you down. You are an inspiration to me.

Orme Family said...

I am counting down until we see you! Let's make banana splits. By the way, I think I will ask Dave to do an evaluation on me. good idea. I don't want him to be honest though.

The Aamodt Family said...

You are the cutest thing ever!!! I love the sharing time story!! That is the best ever.....it is something you will always remember and laugh at. Believe me you are not the only one!! Can I come have some ice cream too?