Monday, October 25, 2010

Are YOU a Ty Guy?

This weekend we had the opportunity to travel to Indianapolis for the Down Syndrome Buddy Walk. Our little nephew Tyler was born with Down Syndrome 1 month before Naomi. And just so you know, after spending 10 minutes with him, you are going to want to take him home with you. He is the cutest kid you have ever seen. So, to sum it up, our team name was "Ty's Guys" and my brother and his kids tie died t-shirts for all of us. My parents flew in and one of my other brothers, his wife and their baby, Eliza, who was the littlest Ty Guy on our team, flew in as well. We all LOVED it!



These two are called Double Trouble. Best friends and cousins = a lot of craziness


Grandma is a Ty Guy


James is definitely a Ty Guy. Tyler was hilarious because he would snuggle up to you like this and let you hold him and then 5 minutes later jump down and want to be in charge and push the stroller.






We also had a rockin' Halloween party. Thanks to Grandma.




caramel apples


costume parade


a month ago Jake called Maddie and asked if she would be a princess because he was going to be a knight and protect her. These two are as cute as it gets.


james really was happy to be there. He is just trying to act tough.


Baby Eliza


These two watching a movie. Should we be worried about this early affection between cousins?


We love you Indiana!
Go Team Ty's Guys!


10 comments:

Christine Fotheringham said...

Looks like a fun trip Bird. That little Ty IS adorable...love the picture of him cuddled up with James. Very cool to see you all out together to support little Ty.

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

What a fun day! You guys are all so supportive! And, don't worry about the cousin lovin. I, of course, think it's totally cute... remember me and Joey? We turned out just fine. :)

Ash and Joe said...

such cute pictures! i want to see more!!! so sad our camera died. glad you all made it home safely!

JoshandJen said...

Ty is ADORABLE, I already want to take him home and I just saw him in pictures!! I have a special place in my heart for handicapp kids, I used to volunteer with them all the time when I was younger, and I still donate stuff all of the time to the childrens special olympics, they are such special little gifts sent from God. I am so happy you were able to go and be apart of that and have some much needed family time! I wondered where you were when I didnt see you at church on Sunday :)

Cook Family said...

What fun family memories! Is that James tough guy face or is that Blue Steel? :)

Sarah said...

what a fun trip! you're making me miss my family!!

The WALL Street Times said...

Go team Ty Guy's. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Your Halloween costumes look awesome. Way to go Jess.
We love you all.

Orme Family said...

What a FUN weekend!!! Where in the world was Tyler's mother during all of this? Jess, the pictures are fabulous....I want some...I need some. Dave once again out did himself with those hand made shirts. What a man! Although I couldn't be with you, I felt like I was.

James and Jessica Ford said...

As it happens, I had told everyone to drop blue steel but I was the only one to do anything (actually that was Le Tigre --incase you didn't notice).

The Johnson Family said...

Why wasn't I invited? :) Tyler is so cute! It looks like Grandma Netty brought the party again! Caramel apples, coloring masks--so fun!