Monday, October 4, 2010

Conference Weekend BUST

For a little while, William found an encyclopedia and opened it up. He read it. And then wrote about it. Go figure.


Naomi dressed up as Spiderman


and Jake actually watched. For a minute.




I have been looking forward to Conference weekend for WEEKS now. My 2 favorite Sundays of the year. James was working all night Saturday and got home Sunday morning just in time for us to welcome him home in our jammies and when marched up to bed. It was going to be a Team Mom Conference Sunday.
At first I was uptight about keeping the kids quiet so james could sleep. A few ummm, minutes later I decided to forget that and just worry about listening to conference amidst my adorable children.
Jake started the day off with diarrhea running down his leg. I cleaned up the bathroom, the playroom floor and took him up for a unplanned bath.
I put Naomi to sleep and with a sigh of relief, I went downstairs to listen to the inspiring messages meant just for me. Twenty minutes later I hear Naomi pounding on her door. I guess there will be no nap today. I sent the boys up to unlock her door. (yes. by the third child you no longer feel an emotional need to keep the door UN-locked. I lock it any chance I get). Next I hear, "Ewww...there's poop all over."
Apparently Naomi took off her diaper. Probably the reason she wasn't asleep. By now I had missed quite a bit of conference and sat my little self down on the light blue carpet and picked up the mess.
I returned to the couch with three kids this time.
William got put in his room twice for calling his brother an "idiot." Thanks to Diary of a Wimpy Kid" for the new lingo.
As I was trying to watch the inspiring talks, the boys pulled all of James' $400 medical books from the shelf and started playing the "drums" with pick-up sticks. The music they played was beautiful. Thanks to Jake's bowel issues, their songs were all about diarrhea.
I turned the volume up to drown out their beautiful melody. It didn't work.
I walked into the kitchen and saw my plastic white garbage can. Naomi must have started scribbling the black on it, and then William topped it off with this wonderful message. Oh, well. There was no punishment for this. I mean, they left me a love message. Granted, it was on my garbage can, but hey, with a 7, 5, and 2 year old, what do you expect?
I love you, too.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

HAHA! Jessie, at least your message was nice. I got a postit from Gage with "mom" written with those circle-line through it symbols over mom. He told me I wasn't allowed in the house anymore and that I needed to leave.

I saved it and will have to scan it. so funny.

lbb said...

You're a good mom, i tell ya.
I SO get it on the conference thing....one day we'll actually sit thru it and then wish we had the crazy days back!
I love the garbage can. I love their mom, too.