Saturday, December 4, 2010

Goal...accomplished



Jake has always been a little jealous of William because William actually reads the scriptures by himself for family scripture study and Jake has always just had to repeat us as we read for him. At the beginning of the school year, we talked about our goals for the year. Jake's #1 goal...to read a scripture ALL BY HIMSELF! I was a little nervous. The scriptures aren't written in normal English.
But last night, as I was out doing errands, James told Jake to read...all by himself. Jake told him ,"no, I can't." But James told him to try. And try he did! And success!
As soon as I got home, I walked into the boys room and Jake threw his arms around me, pulled open his scriptures, and showed me the three he read. I couldn't believe it.
We wrestled on his bed with excitement. He couldn't contain himself.
Here's to Jake! And here's to Goals!

2 comments:

JoshandJen said...

Way to go Jake, that is awesome little dude!!!

Ash and Joe said...

I love you and your family!!