Sunday, August 19, 2012

Welcome Baby Luke

We welcomed Baby Luke Maxwell to our home on Monday August 13, 2012 at 11:23 P.M.
He weighed in at 8 lbs 8 oz. 21 inches long.
Throughout the whole pregnancy, we had decided on a different name for our little guy. However, the days leading up to his birth, we both didn't feel comfortable with the chosen name. I thought long and hard. We prayed. We wanted to give him a name that he could live up to. A name he could be proud of.
The name Luke means Light.
As he has come home, his name couldn't be more fitting. He has brought a feeling of light and peace to our home. The kids adore him. They all want to feed him. He puts up with their awkward positions of holding him extremely well.
Sometimes his neck beneath his abdomen.
They can't believe he is even cuter then they thought he would be. When he opens his eyes...someone yells, "he is opening his eyes!" When he cries, we rush to snuggle him. When he needs to be changed, Naomi rushes for a diaper. Whenever he is in the room, we all rush to watch him. Love him. Tell him how cute he is. Welcome, Baby Luke.

gg


















17 comments:

Cassie said...

He is so so so so cute! LOVE his little golden locks! I bet the kids are thrilled! Congrats, guys!

Christine Fotheringham said...

Jessie. He is seriously so beautiful! I can tell he is absolutely adored. So glad to see your parents there too. What a fun time. Enjoy it! Love you. Congratulations . . . well done, mama. :)

Jerry & Becky said...

Congratulations! It is so great to see such a great looking bunch of kids! Hope you are feeling well!

Laura said...

Congrats Jessie! He is so cute and love the blonde hair! You are an amazing mom:)

The WALL Street Times said...

He is so sweet. Can't wait to snuggle him. We love you guys

Katie Allred said...

Jess! Congrats. I have been checking this blog everyday! I LVOE his name and i LVOE his blonde hair! What a precious, precious baby! Can't wait to hear all about it when you are feeling up to it! Wish I was there to snuggle him and bring you peanut butter and chocolate ice cream! Love you my friend!

Katie Allred said...

Of course, that should be LOVE and LOVE!

Sarah said...

Jessie he is precious and I love his name!! I think he kind of looks like you. And he was born on Penelope's birthday :) Can't wait until we meet our new little one too! Oh and I love your header picture of all the kiddies stacked on each other. I was gonna get a shot of my girls like that all gussied up with some cool background, but I like how casual yours is. Adorable family!!

lbb said...

i LOVE his name and his darling little face! He resembles Will I think! Your parents look darling. I'm glad they are there to help. Hope life with 4 kids is all you dreamed of and more! If anyone can do it, it's you! GO JESSIE! You make darling babies.

JoshandJen said...

Oh I am so glad to see he has arrived! Congrats to your whole family, and he is absolutely precious!! (he was born on my sisters birthday) The pictures are great, what a beautiful family you are. I wish I was there to bring you a meal!! One of these days we need to get a hold of eachother, I have been going off of the deep end lately. I hop you are recovering and feeling well! love ya!

Liz said...

Oh my, he is so Handsome!! what cute hair. I hope you are feeling well. Your mom and dad are too cute.
Love Ya

Natalie said...

So tender! Luke looks like he is just sweet and easy going. You look amazing--I never believe you actually have the baby-- I'm going to have to move next door to you so I can track your pregnancy next time! :) Glad you are all doing so well. Miss you!!

Unknown said...

So happy for you all! Wish we could meet baby Luke in person. Miss you lots! Sending you our love. :)

allison said...

He is so cute! Loved those pictures of him. Congratultions and I hope everything went well for you.

The Aamodt Family said...

Yeah!! Congratulations!! I love his name! What a sweet family you are!! Can't wait to meet him!! Hope you are feeling well!!!! Love ya!!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

He's adorable! Congrats. I love the pictures and stories as usual. You look great too. The new blog header is just perfect.

Elise said...

Congrats! He is sooo cute! There must just be something about number 4 that makes it so fun. I've loved having 4.