Saturday, October 11, 2008

My wife...

Apologies for those looking for the style and wit of my lovely and talented wife, but I am taking some liberties here. I wanted to relate a couple of recent events that show my wifes virtues. First, you'll notice some pictures below...don't look yet! First read and understand the importance of what you're about to see. The dress (I've heard 'jumper' thrown around, but I can't say for sure what genus it is) did not come into our possession with out some effort. Apparently they are normally like $482, but were on sale for $1.99 for 18 seconds only on October 3rd. I think people came down from Canada, there were 3 reported deaths (2 tramplings, and one elderly woman died from shock about how cute the dress was in person). So naturally, my wife knew of said sale, but for some undoubtedly noble reason that eludes me at the present, could not be there for the start of the sale, but went later and found one tucked away that happened to be the right side. A miracle. Now she could have bought one on line, but our recent budget has mandated a limit on the credit card purchases (it seems that all of our financial troubles are NOT over just b/c we're getting a paycheck). So she paid cash (I believe that Lynette helped out there). Then the tights, it seems that the value of the dress decreases 173% with out the correct tights. The ones that went with it were 14.99. Clearly out of our budget, plus she only had $6 in cash. And they were out of them. So she tries the next store, long shot, but it was a day of miracles, so why not? The day held true and she found the ones below for $5.99. The total was $6.42, she had $6.22 and a credit card. My wonderful wife went letter-of-the-law on me and went out to the car and scrounged 2 dimes and took them in before violating our no-credit card rule. I challenge you to show me a women with more resolve than that. Honey, I'd cross the plains with you anytime.
One more comment--on Jakey often wearing his spidey suit to the playground to pick up Will. It seems that she overheard a snide comment from one of the other moms about him "always" wearing it. Let me just say that my wife is a kids mom. Like there are players coaches, that players love to play for, Jessie is one who lets our boys be boys. When I was a kid, if I had a spidey suit, I would have never taken it off. In fact, it's a good thing they don't make them in my size now (because I don't think any of us would want to see it). Jessie is more concerned with what her kids think and making them happy than what the rest of the world thinks. She's certainly not a justgiveinandletthemdowhatever type as anyone who knows her can attest to (despite her recent self-effacing posts). She is aiming for eternal happiness of these crazy boys and well dressed girl. And we are eternally lucky to have her.

8 comments:

lynnette orme said...

...and I must say itw as worth every penny--and every 10 cents. If you think she is good now--just wait until the day ofter Thanksgiving. She will be out at 4:00 a.m getting the best deals--just like her mom taught her. I love you James,and I'm glad you will cross the plains with Jess.Love Nettie

Elise said...

Wow, she looks ADORABLE! You are so right James. What an amazing wife you have.

allison said...

That is the CUTIES outfit. I love sales especailly when you get something that cute.

PS James, Jason wants to know how you have time to post?

lbb said...

Well worth the sacrifice, Jess! She's darling. I LOVE girl clothes. Guess it's good on the budget I have boys!

The WALL Street Times said...

I love the outfit. James, you are an amazing writer. You can almost write as well as my sister. Just kidding. Just as well. I love that baby girl. Jack is asking lately for a baby but he wants a boy. Cole now wants a girl. I opted for the new fish and frog. We love you all.
Linds

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

Wow you guys. Why does your blog always make me cry, no matter who writes it. Well said, James. You do have an amazing wife. Glad I can be half Graham...

Katie said...

What a bargain shopper she is! We miss seeing you guys, your house is always fun.

M & S Eagar said...

I must say that when Jessie walked into church with Naomi all decked out in her adorable jumper - it's the first thing I noticed! ADORABLE I SAY - SIMPLY ADORABLE!