Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Second Annual Ford Kids Bake Sale





William wondered if we would do better than we did last year?
I wondered how we would know. Who even remembers how many blessed cookies/ cans of soda we sold last year.
Oh...William does. $8.
How does he remember those things?

Thanks to some seriously awesome neighbors and friends who drove near and far...we more than doubled our last year earnings.
$23.50.
Can you believe it?
Oh...the blessing of wonderful friends and neighbors.
If we can only be so lucky in Denver.
This year was much, much, much, much hotter.
We were all sweating and we really got off to a slow start.
We started eating our inventory.
William proved to be the best businessman.
Jake and Naomi were exellent hand wavers.
We got a few honks and a few waves.
I told the kids that those people were telling them they were doing a good job.
All of the sudden, it was almost more fun to get a honk than a purchase.
Well, let's not get crazy. NOTHING was better than a purchase.

William held out the longest.
He stayed occupied telling people that "this delicious lemonade was made with real lemons"
(it was canned minute maid. it said made with real lemons on the can)
and that the bottled water was purified.
What a salesman!
What a day!

3 comments:

Ash and Joe said...

oh William cracks me up!

Laura said...

I am impressed Jessie! After a long summer of Abby nagging I FINALLY let her do a lemonade stand. We only earned $2 dollars and that is only b/c I texted some friends:) She was happy even though I am not sure it was worth it.

JoshandJen said...

That is SO SO awesome, I am so glad they doubled their earnings, Scout is looking so big, and William is hilarious, he knows how to sell stuff, makes me think of the yard sale time and him trying to sell that old lady a can of pop! I so wanted to come but that was my Colonoscopy prep day and couldn't eat anything and I didn't think I would be able to resist those fine bake goods :)