Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm Lonely (no, not me. well, actually I am too)







The other day I dropped the kids off at school. The drop off line is kindof ummmm, strict. You have about 36.3 seconds until they start getting a bit cranky with you. That morning, they definitely got a bit cranky with me. Jake wouldn't get out of the car. I turned around to see this sad little face. He looked so cute and innocent, of course, I melted. Upon my asking what was wrong, I got this response, "I just feel so lonely when I 'm at school." I reminded him of his three thousand friends that he has and he replied, "I just feel lonely when I'm not with you."
Oh, Mooch, if you only knew. If you only knew that there is nothing in the world that makes me feel more lonely than being apart from you. And nothing makes me feel better than looking in your eyes. My favorite time of day...you know what it is. That ginormous jump hug as you come running towards me from that school at the end of the day. And suddenly, neither of us are lonely anymore.

.

1 comment:

lbb said...

don't make me cry please. such a sweetheart. we all get lonely, jake. isn't it ironic...even surrounded by tons of people!?
love you bird.