Friday, September 17, 2010

Monkey see...Monkey do, my bugaboo




This Second Grade homework is doing our family in. Holy Smokes. The other day we had to wake up early just to finish William's spelling practice test. I hurriedly gave him the words and watched him pencil the correct spelling in his bestest handwriting. By the end of the "practice test" I noticed the instructions said, "please write spelling words in ABC order." I noticed first and was praying William wouldn't notice. He did! He let out a huge moan and we just didn't have time to erase the whole dang page and start over, so I re-assured him that I would write a note to his teacher and explain what happened. My note stated,
"Dear Ms. Soujourner, I just gave William the spelling test and after we were done I noticed the ABC instructions. I am so sorry. It is my fault. Thank you, Jessica Ford."
A couple nights ago William forgot his planner at school. Oh, well. Life goes on.
The next day I picked him up from school and the first thing he told me in a quivering voice was
"mom, I got on yellow today." (yellow is a warning on the color wheel. p.s. I HATE the color wheel) He explained to me that it was because he left his planner at school and he forgot to do one of his homework assignments.
After going through his backpack, I was looking through his five million worksheets of homework and I came across the cutest note that I have ever seen.
It said, (the exact spelling) in the pencil writing that I love.
"Dear Ms. Sojurner, I forgot To bring my planer home so I coud not do it sorry it is my fuolt."

Monkey see, Monkey do. I love, absolutely love my big bugaboo.

2 comments:

Ash and Joe said...

oh that is sweet! ps got the car seat yesterday!!!!

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

Jessie, I LOVE your posts. When I read them they always make my day and usually make me cry. I love you. Hope we can live by you guys someday so I can get to know your adorable kids. They are the cutest!