Thursday, April 22, 2010

I can't Believe it...






Naomi's FIRST play date. So sad. In fact, I hadn't even noticed. Until...I was pushing these two delightsome little girls in the stroller and I realized that I had never invited a friend over JUST for Naomi before. Pathetic.
With my first child, by the time he was sitting up by himself, I was hounding the phone trying to get other social 6 month olds over so they could stare at each other.
Now I'm on my third.
She's almost two.
Time changes things.
No wonder Naomi is so tom-boyish.
She hits, kicks, yells, steals things and whacks baseball bats at people.
She never plays with little girls.
I don't think she even knows what little girls do.
Oh, well. She makes a great little sister. or brother.

I lay in bed with Naomi singing Jesus songs to put her to sleep. She turned her little blonde bob into my face and looked in my eyes.
"Caw Caw" (or something that sounded like it)
I couldn't understand her. at all.
I kept guessing.
"Cook Cook. Do you want a cookie?"
She shook her head no. That was a first. She never turns down a cook cook.
She pointed to my mouth.
Oh, I thought. She is trying to tell me what song to sing.
caw caw, caw caw. What in the world is caw caw.
Then it clicked!
"oh, do you want me to sing "I am a child of God?" God, Caw, it's all the same, right?
She smiled and and shook her head happily.
I put my arm around her little body and sang. I think he were both in heaven.
Me and my Scout.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

so cute! i hope naomi taught eleanor how to do some sweet tricks on that skate board :) thank you so much for taking eleanor to play today and for dinner!!! oh p.s. sorry about my arm picture on my blog, i changed the title to warn future viewers :)

JoshandJen said...

So fun! I am the same way with Natilie, I was just telling someone on facebook how we have to remind ourselves and her that she really is not a boy and that she has to act like a girl at least some of the time :) Scout is way cute!

The Aamodt Family said...

Jessie!! You are the greatest mom....you guys are always doing something!!! Play dates....what are those?!?!?! I have to pay my kids to leave our house?? I think when they are teenagers they will want to make up for all those days hanging out with me. Love ya!

The WALL Street Times said...

I love Naomi's playdate. Next time, I except painted finger nails and dress up jewelry. That's what I would do if I had a girl. I love you all.
Linds

Christine Fotheringham said...

She'd take Matt down in a hurry! Matt loves putting on necklaces, combing his hair, putting on makeup . . . too much time with mom. You ready for another?? We're in . . . November 6th! You've got to be coming to town soon - call me! let's go to dinner.