Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter 2010










The shirts...the same gingham disaster from last year...but this year we added a tie. Perfect...and affordable. Naomi refused to do her hair. In fact, I was lucky to get the kid in the car and dressed. I keep telling myself that I need to start paying someone to do my kids pictures. It's just too emotionally draining to get the kids dressed, to a park, smiling and not losing anybody all by myself. I even had to tie and re-tie the boys ties. (lack of a father presence) I actually think I nailed it...for a girl. I figure, this is how Naomi's hair always looks...I might as well remember her as she is. Strong, Independent and Willful. My dad says that's how I used to be...I don't believe it. I am pretty sure I was perfect.







Things I say...but probably really shouldn't say to my kids...out of desperation:
1. Do you remember the kids in Haiti...do you think they would be grateful for this gift,
food, etc...
William once responded: "oh, no, mom. Please don't say Haiti, please don't say Haiti."
James said I probably shouldn't use that anymore for guilt purposes. It's really starting to effect Will. My response: Perfect. I'll keep it up. Nothing else is getting through.

2. When asked "why can't I do this, that or buy this, that? etc... ect... ect...
I respond: Because I don't want you to grow up to be a spoiled brat...do you want to grow up to be a spoiled brat and have no one like you?

3. When I can't handle the verbal 4 and 6 year old abuse anymore:
"Fine...if you don't like me you can go and find a new mom...good luck. I'm as good as it gets."

4. When I am holding them in my arms, I will whisper,
"Why do I love you so much?" (I think I got that line from my mom.)
Nothing you could ever do would ever make me stop loving you. Never Forget it. Never.

7 comments:

lbb said...

OH jess you are killing me. I say things sometimes to my kids and think "I sure hope no one ever hears me say that!"...
i'm famous for the "fine...find a new mom!"
and guilt trips...some kids don't get food at all...be happy for what you have!
oh boy. hopefully they DO know how freaking much we love them, though.
DARLING pics. I love the ties! and oh to have a girl to put in an easter dress! a dream.
You are a heckuva mom. Love you. We can do this....even tying the boys' ties.
boyer.

JoshandJen said...

The pictures turned out so, so cute!! Love the boys ties and Scout looks perfect!! I love your list there, I have said every one of those sayings to my own kids but I think I have said Africa instead of Haiti and Daniel usually has some kind of smart comment back to me, I think it worked better when they were younger :) your doing great!!

Double A Family said...

Jessie....I think you totally got the pictures right on!!! They are perfect....no one but you could capture "them" as well you, so don't pay someone.....you have a gift!! When you are in town....please take some of my kids!!! I love the Easter outfits!! I don't think mine will even wear theirs until next Sunday after conference.

Ash and Joe said...

awww and i think naomi's hair looks adorable!!!

lynnette orme said...

Oh--they look wonderful. Each one of them are perfect. Ties a little big--but who is noticing.
NaNa looks great--I hate to say it but she looks like me. Love, Mom

The WALL Street Times said...

I love your pictures. I needed to see a little ray of sunshine today on a snowy Easter day when nothing seems to be going right. Naomi is looking so much like you Jess. I will have to find the picture of you in a yellow dress. It is scary how much she reminds me of you. Maybe because the Boys are all James. I hope all have a fun week. By the way, I tell my boys all the time that they can find a new mom. Cole is 9 and he hasn't tried yet. I guess he knows its not getting any better.
Love, Linds

Natalie said...

GREAT pictures!! They turned out so well. I treasure the ones you took of Spencer forever ago.
Girls hair-- I must say I am so disappointed in that-- before I had Kathryn I though I would always "do" a girls hair and it would be lovely and curled and generally all around adorable, but Kathryn has other ideas. She looks like a total ragga muffin and it makes me sad. We try brushing, curling, pony tailing, the works, but it all ends in tears (mostly from me) because she pulls it out, rubs her hair on the carpet, tries to put gel in it by herself, wants barrets that fall out 2 second later.--- Utter, total disaster.
My favorite "Mom" thing I said, well more like yelled,this weekend was, "Sit down and listen to the prophet" at the top of my lungs. Yeah, I'm sure that's really bringing in the Spirit. Sigh.