Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dance in the Rain




Jake asked if we could go outside in the rain. I felt the cold chill in the air and thought for a second. Sure. Why not. James didn't want me to take Naomi out because she is still under the weather. I looked over at her whimpering by the shoe rack looking up at me with those innocent blues. I grabbed her coat.
We only lasted a few minutes. Puddles covered our cold Akron lawn. Long enough to make a memory.
A Dance in the Rain.

The other night I had on overwhelming feeling come over me. I was looking around our house. Taking it in.
I walked into our bedroom and I looked at James.
You know what?
We live in a palace.
This is our palace.
It was a feeling of complete and utter contentment with life. Our life.

No matter what life brings, no matter where we move, no matter what state our palace resides, we will always have...
A Dance in the Rain. Together.

3 comments:

Ash and Joe said...

Love It!

lynnette orme said...

I have missed a week of blogs and They are wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us--so far away/. Love, Mom

Sarah said...

When I have a kid that wants to play out in the rain i'm sending them over to your house :

so i need more details about how you transitioned Naomi to a big bed and got rid of her bottle. i've kind of set 18 months as the deadline to get rid of Eleanor's bottle before bed but i'm really nervous about what's gonna happen! remind me to ask you about it next time i see you :)