Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ford #34

Our daddy is 34. The basketball cake symbolizes our love for him,
and his love for March Madness. "Perhaps the greatest sporting event ever," according to Dad.


Daddy is so lucky to have three big helpers on his special day.


Go, Team Ford, Go.

How Daddy spent his Birthday:
He went to work until noon. His day off.
Came home and let ME take a nap. I had a migraine, people. Don't judge me.
Then he cleaned smeared feces off his five year old and the bathroom toilet, walls and floor.
Then he let me take another nap. I still had a migraine.
We had cake at 3:30.
We fed the kids.
And then he and I went out to dinner.
And he got to wear a Sombrero and be sung to in Spanish.
I guess it wasn't so bad after-all.
The life of a dad. A birthday to remember.

3 comments:

JoshandJen said...

Awesome day, happy birthday James!! Jessie I love the cake, did you make it, so cute! I am sorry you had a migrane, I had a headache too, of course it may have been the same one that I had when you came over on Monday and just never went away...I hope you are feeling better now, so where did you go out to eat?? If you two ever want to go out, I will come over and watch the kiddo's...seriously...

Oh and Josh and I would both agree March Madness ROCKS!! although, I am still upset about Ohio State not making it till the end...

Christine Fotheringham said...

Happy Birthday James! Nate also has a birthday during March Madness . . . and claims there is no better month of the year. Hope you guys are doing great. We miss you!!

Natalie said...

Great cake! Love it. The madness has gnarled my bracket, but it is still exciting to watch!