Sunday, March 21, 2010

PRINCESS




Nomey's new name: Princey. I know, I know...lame.
But wait a minute.
Is this girl really my princess?
ABSOLUTELY! Just not what I expected...but, hey...are any of our kids what we expect?
Our princess wears me out...emotionally. I can't decide if I would rather chase boys down the driveway or listen to Naomis' daily wants screamed from the top of her lungs....
I always promised myself that if I had a girl, she wouldn't have that crazy/not done hair that little girls are often seen with. It just looks so unkept.
See picture.
She's got it...bad.
My Princess doesn't really do anything with grace and style and sophistication...
but she is usually really good at telling me what to do by pointing, yelling and crying...
those are Princess things, right?
My Princess has been up in her room crying for almost an hour. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am NOT a "let your child cry herself to sleep" kindof mom. I'm sorry. I'm just not.
But this little Princess is testing my limits...not anymore than the other two...but my limits are reached far sooner than in the past.
My Princess has the best pucker ever! I love her "kissing" lips, especially when covered by her gooey boogers that drip down her little Princess nose.
My Princess LOVES shoes,
and most importantly, my Princess LOVES me...in fact, I never get to eat without her on
my lap, go to the bathroom without her by my side or hide in my room without her seeking me out before I have enough time to rejuvinate my batteries.
This little Princess smiles when I return from the grocery store. And guess what?
I smile right back.
This little Princess makes it unbelievably impossible not to love her little Princess ways.
This is my little Princess.
Not a Cinderella (doesn't do much cleaning), not a Sleeping Beauty (not a big sleeper), and definitely not an Ariel in a two piece swimming suit (waaaay too modest for that)
Oh, no.
This little Princess is just so, so, so much better than that!
Do you have a little Princess?

4 comments:

JoshandJen said...

yep, I have a princess just like that! Natilie was the same way and still is that way! But the funny thing is, is that I thought that type of personality just was because she was a girl, but let me tell you Wade is her twin, just as a boy...somedays I don't know what to do, all the crying, and clinging to me nonstop but can't sit still for 2 seconds literally, it wears me out...but then he or she smiles and it just melts your heart...

lbb said...

oh man that's hilarious. our kids are never what we expect, eh? she sounds as sweet as she is spicy!
happy bday to jakers! what a fun little party. kids are so easy to please, eh? a little chick fil a and we're all good! it looks like weather is getting better...thank heavens. hope you are surviving. next time you're in ut, let me know!
xoxo. boyer

Orme Family said...

You did a great job on the cake for Jakey! Princess...I would love to be able to put my princess on "mute" once and a while. I'm kidding, but I know exactly what you mean about the hair. It is amazing what some product can do! Try it.

Kim said...

Hey Jessie this is Kim Bishop from Iowa (I don't know if you remember me:) Anyway I LOVE your blog. I laugh so hard at your stories and sometimes cry because of how you put things so plainly and beautifully. Anyway I just wanted to say "hi" hope you don't mind I've been reading your blog for awhile. So if you have something that shows where people are clicking from it's me in Michigan and not some crazy stalker:) Take care!