Thursday, March 25, 2010

JOB

Look Who Lost His Two Front Teeth...

"Mom, what's your job?"
"I'm a mom."
"No, your REAL job?"
"I'm a mom."
"No mom, like your other job..."
Seriously kid, do you know how hard it is to be your mom! I only the have patience for ONE job...and your lookin at it.


Noami finally jumped through infancy into toddlerhood when we kept finding her out of her crib at the top of the stairs. We took out the crib. A spare twin mattress and boxspring are now the resting place of our adorable little 22 month old.
So...after months and months of pressuring me, I decided to give into my husband and also take away her bottle that I used to put her down to bed. Result: SCREAMING. SCREAMING. AND THROWING HER SIPPY CUP AT ME AS I WALKED OUT OF HER ROOM. NUMEROUS TIMES.
Also, Result: NO MORE NAPS.
It's O.K. Really. She is officially off the bottle, and done with naps. I told James he owed me one. Do you know how much harder this makes my day? Don't worry. He'll hear about for months. Possibly years.
But in all honesty, I'm glad. The bottle has been weighing on me for some time...
It's one of those things that I knew had to happen, but it's easier if you can blame it on someone. I love you, James.
I told her that if she is old enough to get out of her crib, she is old enough to go to bed with a sippy cup. I don't think she really understood my rational, but hey, she's not even two.


No comments: